What data do we need?
The personal data we collect:
- Your full name (if you give us the right one)
- Your email address when you sign up (through us, or our providers at Facebook or Google)
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- Data you offer us as part of your review (your tenancy details, tenancy agreements, tenancy dates).
- Basic Google Analytic data, to gain a broad understanding of who uses our website information
- Detailed PostHog data, to gain a broad deeper of how you use our website information, tracking event clicks across the website.
- Evidence data (tenancy agreements, council tax bills) to verify authenticity of reviews
Why do we need it?
Currently your e-mail address to ensure a line of communication for purely transactional e-mails. This is to ensure a better service, eg: the ability to reset your password, or activate your account.
We use Google Analytics / PostHog software to collect information about how you use TakeThePowerBack.co.uk. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
Google Analytics / PostHog stores information about:
- Pages you visit on www.takethepowerback.uk
- How you got to the site
- How long you spend on each TakeThePowerBack.co.uk page
- How you interact with the website
We do collect your personal information, such as your full name, email and previous / current tenancy addresses. This information is not shared with our third parties (Posthog and Google Analytics) but instead is used for verifying identity and authenticity of reviews..
We also collect data in order to:
- Improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- Gather feedback to improve our services
- Respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- Reset your password
- Send reminders to you at the end of your tenancy
What we do with your data
The data we collect is not shared with any other organisations, companies or individuals We will not:
- Sell or rent your data to third parties
- Share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
How long we keep your data
We only retain your email and personal details as long as it is required as it is necessary to the function of the account. Reviews on properties are anonymous and as such will remain on the website indefinitely. If you really need to take the review down, please contact support at email@example.com where we can discuss the issues with your review. Personal details can be deleted on request to our data processor through the same email firstname.lastname@example.org
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at children of any age. All data on the website is treated fairly, as though it was from adults. If we suspect a child has left a review or created an account, it shall be removed.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at any stage, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored. Your rights You have the right to request:
- Information about how your personal data is processed
- A copy of that personal data
- That anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected
You can also:
- Request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- Ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
- If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Data Protection Officer.
Links to other websites
Changes to this policy
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) if you: Have any questions about anything in this document Think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled Data Protection Officer email@example.com